A Montana Landmark
For Over 70 Years
RIFLES CENTERFIRE TACTICAL
Wakeboards / Surf / Skate
Get Outside Volume XI
Classic Iron Volume XI
Kids Fishing Fair 2022 Awards
Christmas Tree Permits
2021 Elks 31 Guns
General Big Game Hunting Season 2021
Stage 2 Fire Restrictions In Effect
Hard Flathead Valley Trails
Moderate Flathead Valley Trails
Easy Flathead Valley Trails
Shopping For A New Binocular
Posted on 06.20.2022
406-756-BAIT (2248) |
Your headquarters for a current Flathead Valley Fishing Report.
Brought to you by Snappy's
A Store Like No Other, Since 1947.
- Use caution when fishing near the delta, lots of snags and hazards have been getting pushed out of the river. As the water warms Lakers will continue to go deeper. Rapalas have been a good option if you’re going pick something up.
- Use Extreme Caution, River is in Flood Stage!! Flows are still hovering around 50,000 cubic feet, look elsewhere for fishing opportunity
- Water levels are high and has fish dispersed into flooded areas. You still have chances to pick up a few pike along points and weed clusters.
- Bass fishing continues to be hot. Grab some Senko’s for your best bet.
- Salmon fishing continues to be hot. Hali’s in natural colors along with Swedish Pimples pair with Zimmer heavy glows are solid options.
Middle Thompson Lake
- Pike fishing is picking up. Try using spinner baits along with hanging smelt under a pike rig. Trolling salmon with wedding rings has been good as well.
Lake Mary Ronan
- Salmon bite has been good. Hali jigs paired with a maggot has been a good bet. You can also try using Swedish Pimples paired with Zimmer Heavy Glows or Mack’s Glow Hooks.
Hungry Horse Reservoir
- West side road closed between 29 and 34 mile marker. Stained water conditions but has been decent fishing for both Cutthroat and Bulls in the creek mouths. Try using Kamloopers and Daredevil spoons.